If the campaign is not successful, the funds will be refunded to the Funder.
The benefits of crowdfunding
Crowdfunding benefits both the Roller and Funder. Funders get to support small local businesses that support the local economy while simultaneously being the first to find out and take part in new innovative ideas and products.
- Free campaign design
- 5% hosting fee on all campaigns (only on successful campaigns).
- 3.25% transaction fee (only on successful campaigns).
- Optional extras like crowdfunding video production, design and corporate identity packages are available.
- Option on taking over the campaign as a permanent e-commerce solution after the campaign ends.
If a campaign is not successful:
- Funders will have the option of either receiving a voucher for the exact amount they invested to use on any other campaign on the Rolling Funder platform; or the Funder can request a refund. We will refund the exact Rand amount that was paid minus a R2 refund fee.
- Note that if you are paying with foreign currency, there may be differences in the exchange rate from the time of purchase and the time of refund.
- There might also be foreign exchange fees from your bank. Rolling Funder is not liable for any difference in the refunded amount if you are paying with a foreign currency.
These are the basic rules for using Rolling Funder. For more detail, please read our our Terms & Conditions.
- Rollers have to provide a reward in return for funding. It cannot be a donation.
- No equity can be offered as a reward for funding. The reward has to be a physical product or service.
- No illegal substances or services can be offered as a reward.
- We have the right to determine if a campaign or reward is suitable for the Rolling Funder platform.
- Rollers are responsible for providing the funder with the reward after the campaign.
- Funder’s contributions will remain in our payment provider’s bank account until the campaign is over. The contributions will either be transferred to the Roller or refunded to the Funder, depending on the outcome of the campaign.
- If the rolling point ( the minimum amount of money needed to make the campaign successful and guarantee the Funders their reward) is not reached within the given time frame, every Funder will be refunded.